Digitisation services of documentary collections for their preservation and compatibility with new technologies. Older audio and video formats become highly fragile over time and require a delicate process for their restoration and encoding.LEARN MORE
TSA has over 20 years of experience in video and audio content digitalisation services for VoD as well as archiving services, offering a wide range of services, covering the complex and delicate process of the digitalisation of old formats, including video and audio configuration, and the cleaning and restoration of tapes.
The main problems arising with old magnetic tapes are: degradation of the emulsion/composite and mould forming from being stored in damp or bad conditions, and those derived from their own casing. Each of these problems requires treatment.
Repair and cleaning of magnetic tapes
- Cleaning Tapes. If the tape is contaminated by mould it is necessary to take the necessary precautions as there is a risk of inhaling the spores. The whole process is carried out with disposable material and with special safety measures in place, with a vacuum being carried out as it is cleaned.
- Tape splice in case of breakage.
- Tape running. Fast-forwarding and rewinding in professional VTR to improve tape tension.
- Specialised players for automatic cleaning during reproduction.
Digitalisation of contents
- Once the tapes have been cleaned and repaired, and the audio and video configuration have been set the content is digitalised within the TSA coding farm, which allows all the formats and encapsulates on the market to be covered, and its adaptation to any format that any client works with.
- TSA has metadata generation and adaptation systems for its content in various formats according to each client’s needs.